Wednesday, July 17, 2013

From Daisy to Victoria


The dictionary says "to be victorious is an act of defeat, typically an enemy or opponent in a battle, game, or other."  What is a victory when there is no enemy, no opponent, no metrics or measurement?   

Let me think.  I am not at war with anything.  I have no imaginary enemy or real opponent.  I do not have the deep-seeded need to win at all costs.  Instead, I have a simple and straight forward mission that requires a victory:  I shall welcome and embrace the 15th like any brave new days.   

I have decided - it is time.  It is time to be victorious on the 15th of each month, even the worst and scariest of them all.    

Victory is not measured by the absence of grief
Nor is Victory measured by the least amount of tears.  
Victory is not about winning. 
Or defeat. 
She is not about moving on, or forgetting.  

To be victorious is to be inclusive.  Grateful.  Thankful.  Joyful in spite of sorrow. Embracing in spite of fear. I shall be victorious.  

And I shall call myself, Victoria! 




Photo courtesy of Katie Wat




No comments:

Post a Comment