Thursday, September 19, 2013

"All In"

My good friend Ginny said my life is brave and "all in" right now.  I truly appreciate her generous and encouraging comment.  Bravery and being "all in" are particularly important attributes and I aspire to become that.  Perhaps bravery and "all-in-ness" needs not be behavior-driven; it can be an attitude thing.  I should just keep living the way I have been living.  If some ways I behave somehow resonate with others and make a positive impact, that would be a tremendous side benefit.    

Night Watch
July, 2012
I struggled with writing this post.  It was incoherent.  I could't grasp what and how I wanted to express the ideas in my head.  I published it but awoke in the middle of the night and deleted it.  The writing must have really bothered me.  Even the picture didn't make sense.  What does the picture of my painting of a cat has anything to do with being "all in"?  It doesn't; it was just a pretty cool cat and I like the color composition. 

Perhaps  I feel it important to blog about today because today marked my first day at Puget Sound Community School as a volunteer teacher.  Teaching at PSCS has significant meaning in my life now.  I consider it brave.  The attitude  with which I approach my life points to a certain sense of "all-in-ness."  I want to remember this period of my life despite its profound darkness, and how I overcome it.  I want to remember this period with nothing else but gratefulness, gratitude, love, bravery, and a sense of "all-in."  

I must remember that I did not, and could never have done this, on my own.   

Sure, I'll keep the picture of the cat.  I need something colorful to spice up this post a little.  






No comments:

Post a Comment