Sunday, September 29, 2013

Godspeed


May you carry all your riders fiercely, bravely, safely. 


The warrior bike is on its way to Idaho today, where it all started.  Where it belongs.  I stole a quiet moment with it after it was loaded up.  Twelve hours later, it will be in its element.  Next weekend, it will be on the trails.  Rocks and dirt under its spokes and tires. Releasing joy and sentiment.  

I didn't want to see it go, yet I didn't want it to stay.  In my heart of heart, I know there is absolutely no better person to whom to release the beast.  

Alex will put the bike back on the trails, where it will carry all its riders fiercely, bravely.  Joyfully.  

My good buddy Andrew said it well.  Eric would not have anything to do with his unused bike sitting idle in the garage - he would have bartered it away.  Either that or my personal McGyver would remove the back wheel and devise a contraption for harvesting grapes using rubber tubing and a few pulleys.  Andrew always knows how to make me laugh with the strangest comment when nothing else would make me laugh.  

Emotionally, the beast is not a bike.  It represented an extension of Eric.  It was a vehicle that actualized his passion for graceful motions and the outdoors.  It is, therefore, even more suitable to release the bike to Alex.  I feel nauseous, sad, irrational, tearful, but above all, free and alive.  It is the starting point of a giant leap forward, into another brave new chapter.  I knew these emotions would surface.  I just did not know to what extent.  Now I do. 

I release you, so that you may let me go.  So that I may continue to live my full life.

Godspeed, my love.  Go. 



Top of Quest University
Squamish/Whistler, BC
Summer, 2010







No comments:

Post a Comment