Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It is all love





I have the most generous friends.  They happen to be the coolest people I know. When I reflect on the past 65 days, which I do very frequently, a few things always bring me to tears.  One of them is my circle of friends who, individually and collectively, are committed and determined to take the absolute best care of me during my times of greatest needs.  

How does that not bring anyone to tears?  


I dedicate this blog entry to all my friends near and afar. Young and Younger. New friends, old friends, best friends.  I don't know why my friends share so much of themselves with me, or why they love me so much.  But they do.  It's  who they are naturally.  It's not me; it's them.  That's what makes it cool.  Any chance I can get my favorite people together, I do so with joy and excitement.  I always become the recipient of their love.  




Twelve beautiful friends joined me for fresh pasta last Saturday.  The fact that I was able to openly thank and express my gratitude for their big help with Eric's Remembrance - and that my sentiments were understood and appreciated by these grateful recipients - should never be taken for granted.  I take nothing for granted these days.















Gratitude is only meaningful if there is a grateful and willing recipient.  Otherwise, the Gratitude Circle breaks.  And it all just becomes meaningless.  




Four bottles of wine.  Prosecco.  Bowls of pasta. Potato gnocchi with dungeness crab.  Bruschetta.  Salumi board.  Short ribs. Rapini.  Grilled carrots.  Oh, and lemon donuts... Suddenly I am hungry again, and thirsty for another glass of Pinot Bianco.

My friends are the most generous people.  They open their hearts to me.  They open their arms for me.  They are committed, determined, persistent.  They let me just be, at the toughest time of my life, without indulging the needs to offer unsolicited sage advice.  They understand the most important character I cherish is expressing sincere gratitude.  And so, they accept my gratefulness, and my Gratitude Circle does not break.  

Namaste.  







No comments:

Post a Comment