Tuesday, September 13, 2011

All Good Things Must Come To An End

An epic excursion in Central and Eastern Europe.  

Prague, Pardubice, Krakow, Auschwitz, Prague, Pardubice, Ceskz Krumlov, Prague.  

I left out Vienna, as you noticed.  My grande detour turned out to be a great decision.  It would be way too much to cram in Vienna. 

Fourteen days went by quickly, but I am ready to head home to Seattle.  Let the stuff I have learned to settle in a bit.  Let it stew and simmer.  Add some spices and seasonings.  Salt and pepper, to taste.  Before long, it will be a delicious pot of stew, ready to be served with steamed potatoes or potato dumplings.  Fit for a King.  

What does that have to do with my epic excursion, and what I have learned during the trip?  I have not the faintest idea, but, my mind could not possibly work now because everything is linked to the delicious dishes I tried.  So I am just going to let it sit for a while, and Blog when I get home.  

I am leaving Cesky Krumlov tomorrow - a picturesque small town in Southern Bohemia, very close to Austria.  I could not think of a better place to end my excursion: Krumlov has clear blue sky, streets paved with cobblestones, a beautiful castle and bear pits, the Klet Observatory.  Clean air, great hikes, and delicious food.  Krumlov became the highlight of my epic excursion. 

I cannot wait to share my excursion with you on this Blog.  The adventure, the excitement, the energy, and alive-ness.  

May you all be well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment