Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ever Forward - 2014


I had wished for a simple, Normal New Year on January 1, 2013.  I desperately needed normalcy after what transpired during the latter half of 2012.  Not only did I not get a normal new year - or a normal year - for that matter, I got the most abnormal 2013 of all my abnormal years combined.  

Moral of the story:  Be careful what you wish for; you may get something entirely opposite.  

It is difficult for me to read my Normal New Year entry from merely a year ago.  I hung on to the last ray of hope that Eric's undiagnosed condition could still make progress.  Not through miracles or expert advice, but sheer persistence, pure sweat, and more pain.   I had hung on to any last shred of hope for us both, but that wasn't enough.  

I had wished for a dramatically different 2013.  I had wished for less pain.  

Moral of the story:  Be careful what you wish for; you may just get it.  

It is once again a new year.  I have been here.  For 2014, I am reluctant to wish for anything:  I may get what I wish for, or I may get something entirely opposite.

2014.  Why wish for anything when I can simply Be.  

2014.  I come first - Always.  Courage shall prevail.  Love shall be treasured and reciprocated.  Memories and friendships, honored.  My Gratitude Cup shall always overflow.  

2014.  My life shall remain Ever Forward.  And Eric shall always be there, in spirit, Without Bounds.  To watch over and protect.      

2014.  I am All In.  No matter what. 




Winter 2013
Skating by Alki Beach in Seattle 




No comments:

Post a Comment