Friday, June 24, 2011

7, 6, 5, 4, 3.....

Can't believe the final count down is here.
  
Next week this time, I'm officially...what's that expression again...footloose and fancy free?  I've been catching up with friends these days, and realizing that there are too many people I want to see and want to thank before I start my next chapter of inspiration.  I remember seeing this on a magnet:  "Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."  Powerful, don't you think?  

 













The difference between the two is that finding is passive whereas creating is active.  Anything active requires time, energy, intent. INTENT.  
I think - I believe - creation requires open-mindedness.  Not forcefulness nor ambition.  It's like creating a new dish. Start with some basic ingredients.  Apply knowledge, intuition, skills, then let spontaneous events happen organically.  Allow what is to come, the creation itself, to happen.   When it's done, it's done. It's good enough. 

I am excited to find out what I am about to create and the experience of doing so in the next 180+ days.  

Back to my friends at work and my final couple of weeks in the office. The bon voyage and well wishes have been endless.  I'm incredibly appreciative for the love, attention, and encouragement.  I am eternally grateful for the love and support of my husband.  

My journey shall begin soon.  Literally and figuratively.  We are heading to the Last Frontier IN the happy van Albatross, and WITH the Happy Van (picture, above) - a gift from a colleague Robert Dawson.  


You feeling creative?  Why don't you name that Happy Van for me?  In exchange, I'll award you a batch of award-winning fresh lime coconut macaroons if I take your suggestion.    

2 comments:

  1. Not to give "Happy" too much of an identity crisis, my vote is "Happy Camper".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Happy Camper, Bro!! Thanks for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete