Monday, November 28, 2011

Random


I couldn't think of a title I want to give this post.  It is a random post, but a warm and fuzzy one.  One that brings good thoughts and encouragement.  And today, I need a post that brings me exactly that:  good thoughts and encouragement. 

The story went something like this:  I received three emails in the last two days from three young ladies who reported to me at various times of my career. Unexpected and random emails.  All were thanking me for believing in them, and for the encouragement and inspiration I gave them when I was their boss, or their manager's boss, some five, ten years ago.  

These are the best random emails.  

But the cool part was not only the fact that these emails made me feel warm and fuzzy and useful.  What's cooler is what I learned through these emails.  

1.  I learned that I may never live to know the impact I make on another person by what I say to him.  So when I am given the chance, choose to remark what just *may* leave a positive impact.

2.  I learned that if I truly believe in somebody, tell her that.  Repeatedly. Sincerely. 

3.  I learned that if I do not try so hard to be "inspiring", but just stick to being my true self, I just may become "inspiring" to another person.  
  
4.  Above all else, I learned that words are worthless if I do not act with integrity.  


On this day, I am particularly encouraged by these emails.  I am incredibly grateful for these ladies' expression of gratitude.  



1 comment: