Friday, July 12, 2013

Hot Sugar Water


I stare at the blank screen, wanting to say something, yet unable to write anything. The cooler temperature for the past couple of days gave me a chilling feeling that autumn is near, even though it's barely mid-July.  I am not looking forward to the end of daylight savings; the return of darkness.  I am not looking forward to the cold or the rain.  None of them ever bothered me before.  It's a little different now. 

People are moving on.  They have new lives to live.  So must I, but I move on at snail pace. The dreadful July 15th fast approaches.  Here I am, telling myself it's just a date on the calendar with no significant meanings unless I give it significant meanings.  In reality, I already gave it plenty significance by reminding myself it is the 15th.  I shake my head with disbelief.  

July 15th.  It is finally beginning to feel like a nightmare.  Pity, this is not a nightmare.  I don't get to wake up from it.  I own the nightmare now.  It's all mine.

Damn!  That's no good.     

People have moved on.  And have new lives to live.  Me?  I want to simply dissolve. I want to close my eyes and completely dissolve.  Like sugar in hot water.  Into liquid.  

I can't believe you haven't held my hands for five months.  I am a little mad about that.  I have as yet to embrace the 15th, but I suppose I can always try it next month.  There's August 15.  





No comments:

Post a Comment