Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


If I must give myself a grade for Thanksgiving 2013, I'd give me a generous A+.  I passed with flying colors. 

I shared the table with "Crab Cakes Todd" and his family.  Todd, my white-version cousin, owns a wok and three rice cookers.  Puts Sirachi in everything.  Meals at the McCormick's never sucks.  Company is even better.  I can swear like a sailor or dress to the nine.  It makes no difference.  I feel like a part of that Irish family. 

5:30am.  As I was enjoying the morning stillness with a cup of joe, serenaded by Sarah McLachlan's Angel, I dipped my hands in the flour.  Parker House rolls are on the menu.  They were stuffed with my magic ingredient:  Daisy Love.  I was savoring the moments with Eric, smiling, missing him.  I miss cooking with him; I miss his presence in the kitchen.  Him doing dishes.  I miss him being my biggest fan in everything I baked and everything I concocted.  "Babe, you've outdone yourself!" He was my hugest supporter in every pursuit, big and small.  Tangible and intangible.  With him, I could beat anything.  He was my man.  
  
However, despite missing my husband, I feel no sadness today.  Instead, I feel a sense of complete gratitude. I am immensely grateful for my incredibly charmed life.  I am so loved by all who surround me, near and afar, to a point of unexplainable mysteries.  Together, my friends bring out the best in me. 

If I leave this world tonight, I could honestly say, I have no regret.  I am doing my best living my life All In.  Except, maybe I should have had another helping of Todd's turkey. 




Todd - 1
Turkey - 0
Thanksgiving at the McCormicks - Perfect 10






No comments:

Post a Comment