Saturday, January 19, 2013

A million reasons to say 'no'



My musician/song writer/poet friend Linda developed a discipline to write a poem a day, everyday, for the entire year in 2012.  She even wrote a poem about my baking.  That was way cool.  My friend Bill does the same.  15 minutes a day, everyday, he practices his writing.  Bill starts his day by exercising his brain.  I wonder if he does that before or after coffee.

And then there's my good friend's young teenage daughter, who is practically a fish. She gets up before god does, and goes to her swimming practices; I think sometimes they practice in sub-zero temperature water.  Mornings, after school, weekends, I don't know all the details.  They are not important.  

Discipline. 

Sixty-five-thousand excuses and twenty-eight-hundred justifications later, I have given forgotten about my discipline.  I became weak.  

My piano teacher would not be proud of my lack of discipline.  

What would be the one reason to say 'yes?'    


   







2 comments:

  1. If practice makes perfect, then I think I have mastered the art of staying in bed all day and reading a book :) But, joking aside, I do agree that we get good at what we practice. This is one of the reasons I have heard for not dwelling on the negative and focusing the positive. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more that we do get good at what we practice - so we have to be very careful and know what exactly we are practicing, and how - be it certain beliefs, self-talk, an art, a hobby. It is all about awareness. So glad you're sharing your comments!! Thank you for taking the time.

      Love,
      xoxo

      Delete